Saturday, June 24, 2017

Anaheim Ducks Sign Patrick Eaves to Three Year Deal




The Anaheim Ducks signed Patrick Eaves to a three-year deal worth about 3.15 million-dollars a year on Friday. 

Eaves could have become an unrestricted free agent on July 1 has he and the Ducks not reached an agreement. He noted that his ankle is healing well and that he will be ready for the start of the 2017-2018 season. 

He said, “I spoke to my agent and told him, `This is where I want to be.’ My agent knew Anaheim meant something to me. I wanted to be a part of everything that they are doing. I am so excited to be there. Everything worked out today.”
 
The 33-year-old right wing had thought about testing the free agent market. He said, “Being in that locker room is something special. I noticed that on day one. That was a big deal for me, signing for three years. It was something I wanted to completely be a part of.”
 
Eaves scored 32 goals and 19 assists between the Ducks and the Dallas Stars in 79 games this past season. 11 goals and three assists were scored in the 20 games following the deal that sent him to Southern California. He put up four points in seven Stanley Cup Playoff games. 

The 29th overall pick of the Ottawa Senators in the 2003 National Hockey League Entry Draft, has played in 12 seasons with the Ducks, Stars, Senators, Detroit Red Wings, Nashville Predators and Carolina Hurricanes. He has scored 131 goals and 110 assists in 624 regular season games.

He noted that he and his family will move to the Anaheim area over the summer. They had remained in Dallas following the trade. 

Eaves signed his new contract on his parents 38th anniversary. He said, “I was able to call them while they were out to dinner on their date. That meant a lot to me. They were very excited. It was a big day for the Eaves family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment